POSITION TYPE: Dental Lab
SPECIALTY UNIT: Dental Technician Stain & Glaze
LOCATION: Oldsmar, FL / Tampa, FL
Pay: $20.00 – $28.00 hr
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
Add stain and glaze to all-porcelain crowns using PTC methods and company work instructions. Review Rx in detail; inspect work coming and going to ensure all quality standards and client requests are being met. Work closely with internal customers, understand their requirements, and ensure that all specifications are being met.
- Meet a daily unit target of 60 units.
- Continuously improve both productivity and quality of the product.
- Serve as a critical team member, interact with others and communicate defects to supervisor and other team members in an unambiguous manner.
- Ensure that work is complete and meets all PTC, quality, and work instructions.
- Keep work area free of debris, clean and ensure that work area is cleaned at the end of the day.
- Utilize equipment safely, practice a conservative approach with materials, and do not be wasteful.
- Keep internal and external remakes below 3.6%, review remakes when necessary, make appropriate changes in procedures to improve in order to meet the quality standards.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The Technician Apprentice (TA) reports to the department supervisor, assistant supervisor or the team leader technician. The TA will constantly seek help from others within the department and subscribe only to PTC method and company work instructions. The incumbent must be active within the department as he/she communicates on a daily basis on ongoing defects, issues related to quality specifications, and internal and external customer requirements.
Good color vision, ability to see Chroma, Hue, value. Good hand/eye coordination and dexterity are required. Knowledge of dental anatomy. Knowledge of PTC methods and procedures and a full understanding of the company’s quality and work instructions.
The incumbent must interact well with others and identify defects, issues and barriers. He/she must accept identified defects/issues related to their work, make positive changes to correct, and communicate ongoing in order to seek continuous improvement within the department.